Use this set of April Fool's Day activities to help teach kids some history of the holiday, give them some guidance on how to be kind when they play pranks, and help them celebrate being silly!
This is ready to print and includes answer keys. Included:
1. A history and tip sheet for students to read that has jokes for them to use as they move through their day.
2. A crossword puzzle with options to print with or without the word list. (Much easier activity with the word list, but might not be needed if students are fluent in doing crossword puzzles.
3. Word search activity that has each of the words hidden in the puzzle twice and the word "fun" hidden 11 times, but keeps the students unaware until they begin to work. (A great way to model what a fun prank feels like.)
4. A math the silly monster to it's shadow activity.
5. A symmetry drawing activity.
Find a fun April Fool's Day riddle to share with the kids in the attached video.
This is a great resource for Second Grade and Third Grade students!
April Fool's Day Activity Packet
This set of activities will be delivered digitally after checkout and a link to download will be sent to the email address you provide. The file is a PDF and a printed copy will not be provided. You may print for student use, or share with children on any device that has the capability to open PDF files.
This series of activity sheets was created to help students learn more about the holiday, April Fool's Day. You will find that there is a theme of kindness and fun in this work packet. Each activity is designed to be appealing, memorable, and a little silly. We find that its this type of resource that works well as independent work or homework for students in elementary school grades.
Designed to be used with Second or Third Grade Students.